At-home swim lessons in and around London are useful for children and adults as well. Regardless of your skills, starting these lessons is a great step for you, for various reasons. If you think you don’t have the necessary skills to learn to swim, you should first work on your confidence. Private swimming lessons in London are very common, but what about the instructors? It is important to work with someone you trust and has the needed qualities to work with people.
Adam from Going Swimmingly London can offer personalised private swimming lessons at home, or at the residential pools. Regardless of age and ability, he will come up with a customised lesson plan to fit your or your child’s needs.
If you’re looking for private adult swimming lessons, keep in mind that, depending on your previous experience, your courses will focus on different aspects of swimming.
Beginner swimming plan:
- Step 1: working together with your coach to get comfortable in the water
- Step 2: learning the correct breathing techniques
- Step 3: acquiring skills that will help you learn the full swim strokes; these skills include floating, kicking, gliding, and in the same time, breathing correctly while in the water
- Step 4: practice what you learned so far and work on your swimming techniques
Intermediate swimming courses:
- Step 1: you will learn both front and back strokes correctly and practice it while your personal coach supervises you
- Step 2: constantly practice and work on your breathing techniques and swimming strokes in order to develop advanced swimming abilities
Advanced swimming lessons for adults:
- Step 1: in order to make your techniques more efficient, you will refine the four main strokes with your private swimming instructor
- Step 2: perfect your already acquired skills, further develop your resistance in water, swim longer distances
An additional option for those who need specialised training is opting for Triathlon and Ironman training with Adam. He has years of experience in the area, so if you’re looking for someone who is a great teacher and motivator, feel free to contact him!
Before choosing private swimming lessons in London, the first and most important thing is to find a qualified swimming teacher who works well with people, has good reviews and recommendations, and also has a First Aid Certification. These are all crucial aspects when hiring someone you can train with in the water.
Another thing you should look for is experience. You surely don’t want to work with someone you don’t trust. Making sure that your swimming instructor has experience is very easy. You can, for instance, take a look at his or her website and try to find the reviews/testimonials section. There you can see if the teacher worked with others and whether they were pleased with the progress.
What to do before your private swimming lessons?
If everything is set and you scheduled your first swimming lesson, there is just one thing left: buy a swimming kit that contains a comfortable swimsuit, a quality swim cap, goggles, or other accessories that your private swimming teacher recommends.
If you are still in doubt about whether swimming is the best exercise for you, you should know that it has various benefits on your body and mind. It is a great activity for infants, children, adults, and the elderly as well. It is never too late to learn swimming. All you need is dedication and ambition. With the right swimming instructor with a flexible schedule you will surely like it and will not regret it. Take care of your health, and do some activity that you enjoy, such as private swimming lessons in London!